Wednesday, May 17, 2006

My Language Game

Well, I just came back from a trip. "A" was with us but he was in a different group so we didn't stay in the same hotel. I already saw him when I arrived at the airport. And of course, we shared some mishaps together. But it was fun.

I liked "A" since last year. I met him in a company training and another friend had a crush on him. He wasn't the type I'd like immediately. In fact, he was nerdy and I don't think he'd be able to keep up with me if we'd get a chance to play basketball. But he was very, very nice and sincere.

After we met, it became an ordinary thing to talk and update each other whenever we had the chance to do so. We got to exchange numbers and basically got along together.

So here's a guy I like. And it just occurred to me last night... that he asked me to go someplace while we were in expat land.

It could have been fun but I never thought about it even before I gave him my answer.

Nice guy + strange place + placid evening + a lot of banters = FUN!

I regret saying no. And I didn't even really think about it until I went to sleep last night. When he asked me, I was just considering what time I'd be in the hotel and what time I'd get to sleep. It didn't even occur to me that it was HIM who was asking me out.

Pffft!

What am I normally conscious of?

And how many chances have I unconsciously allowed to slip away?

0possibilities created

Post a Comment

<< Home